With increasing data collection across the internet, privacy is more important than ever.
你是否访问一个网站, 使用在线服务或任何社交媒体平台, your Internet Service Provider (ISP) and the services you use can track your activity. This is where a Virtual Private Network (VPN) can help you protect your privacy.
For a typical user or even for those working in official capacity, vpn是保护你在线隐私的好方法. 除了安全方面的好处, they can also be used to access information in places where said information is restricted or banned.
例如, if you are travelling in Europe and you want to watch Amazon Prime or Netflix content that is restricted to the US, 可以通过VPN访问. Moreover, if you are in China, you may use a VPN to access your Gmail since it is banned in China.
Let’s discuss how you can set up a VPN in Windows 10, Mac OS and Chrome OS.
A Virtual Private Network (VPN) is a way to establish an 加密的网络 使用公共网络时连接. 它创建了一个保险箱, virtual tunnel that is encrypted to protect your online activity and disguise your online identity, 或IP地址.
The real-time encryption of a VPN makes it extremely difficult for third parties like hackers, 企业, 政府机构, 等. 追踪你的在线活动或窃取你的数据.
Although it is important to note that using a VPN does not hide your activity from your VPN provider and authorities can access this information from the provider if needed.
话虽这么说, 因为你的VPN提供商有权限, it is always best to choose a trusted VPN service and preferably not a free one. This is because free VPNs tend to monetize by collecting and selling your data to the highest bidder.
如何在Microsoft Windows 10中建立VPN
You can set up a VPN connection in Windows 10 by following these 6 steps.
- Click on the Windows button and go to Settings > Network & Internet > VPN and click the button that says ‘Add a VPN connection’
- 这将打开一张表格让你填写. 对于“VPN provider”，选择Windows(内置). Add a name for your VPN in the ‘Connection name’ box, 添加“服务器名称或地址”, 添加“VPN类型”和“登录信息类型”
- On the same form you can add a ‘Username’ and ‘Password’ but these are optional for extra security. You can then tick the box underneath if you wish for the computer to remember your sign-in information, 最后, 点击“保存”按钮.
- In order to connect to your VPN, once again go to Settings > Network & Internet > VPN and this time click on your entered ‘VPN name’.
- Now, you can select ‘Advanced Options’ to edit any connection properties, if you want.
- Simply select ‘Connect’ and if you initially set up a password, you will need to enter it.
就是这样. You have now successfully set up and connected your VPN in Windows 10.
There are applications available that help to automatically set up a VPN but for the purposes of this guide, 我们会告诉你如何手动设置它.
- To start setting up a VPN, go to ‘System Preferences’ and then ‘Network’.
- 在左下角, click the plus (+) symbol and then select ‘VPN’ in the ‘Interface’ drop-down menu. Proceed to fill out the ‘Service Name’ and ‘VPN Type’ according to the VPN service you are using.
- 下一个, click the ‘Create’ button and you can now proceed to fill the details of your server address, remote ID和local ID, 在各自的领域.
- Click on ‘Authentication Settings’, enter the username and password and click ‘OK’ and ‘Connect’.
You have now manually set up a VPN in Mac OS and successfully connected to it.
在Chrome操作系统, 您通常可以找到扩展, 或应用程序, of your VPN service on the Google Play Store and once you have downloaded it, 你将被引导在设置上自动. If, however, you want to manually set it up, you can only do so for L2TP and OpenVPN.
- On the bottom right corner of the screen, click on the time.
- Find the “Network” section and click on ‘Add connection’ and then select ‘Add’ next to OpenVPN/L2TP.
- Fill out the necessary details like server hostname, service name, provider type, 等. 并点击“连接”. 请注意, that if you are using a Chromebook issued by your workplace, you may need to get the necessary details from your administrator.
Congratulations, you have manually set up a VPN in Chrome OS.
Setting up a Virtual Private Network is an excellent way to securely encrypt information and protect your activity. We highly recommend you use a trusted VPN service to take full advantage and protect your privacy by adding an extra layer of security.
Once you have set it up, you may notice a decrease in your browsing, loading and downloading speeds. This is because using a VPN slows down your online activity because of the extra layer of security. Multiple users on a single VPN or stronger encryptions tend to further slow speeds down.
This is a small price to pay for the added security benefits of a VPN. 然而, if you need the speed for downloading heavy files or anything else, 你可以随时关闭你的VPN.
If you want to learn more about how to set up a VPN or want professional help in setting up and utilizing a VPN for your business, 请 正规十大网址 今天!